*APA Newsletter on Feminism and Philosophy*

* *

*Call for Papers*

* *

*Due Date:  December 1, 2012*

*Gender and Ethics in the Profession ***

*Papers*

Philosopher should be particularly sensitive to ethical issues in the
profession of philosophy. However, there is plenty of evidence that not all
philosophers are. This leads to unethical behavior in teaching, mentoring,
research, administration and collegial relations.

This issue of the APA Newsletter shall consist of papers addressing
different aspects of ethics in the profession of philosophy in relation to
gender. Submissions on any related topic are welcomed. The issue shall
feature Naomi Zack’s work on cronyism in the profession.

*Book Reviews*

In addition to articles, I have the following books for which I need
reviewers. I am looking for reviewers with specific expertise on the
subject of the text.

Benatar, David. *The Second Sexism: Discrimination Against Men and Boys*.
Blackwell-Wiley, 2012.

Blair, Elena. *Plato’s Dialectic on Woman: Equal, Therefore Inferior*.
Routledge, 2012.

Boryczka, Jocelyn M. *Suspect Citizens: Women, Virtue and Vice in Backlash
Politics*. Temple University Press, 2012.

Brake, Elizabeth. *Minimizing Marriage: Marriage, Morality and the Law*.
Oxford University Press, 2012.

Cutter, Mary Ann. *The Ethics of Gender-Specific Disease*. Routledge, 2012.

du Toit, Louise. *A Philosophical Investigation of Rape: The Making and
Unmaking of the Feminine Self*. Routledge, 2012.

Hamington, Maurice, and Celia Bardwell-Jones (eds.). *Contemporary Feminist
Pragmatism*. Routledge, 2012.

Lintott, Sheila, and Maureen Sander-Staudt (eds.). *Philosophical Inquiries
into Pregnancy, Childbirth and Mothering*. Routledge, 2012.

Miller, Sarah Clark. *The Ethics of Need: Agency, Dignity, and Obligation*.
Routledge, 2012.

Murphy, Ann V. *Violence and the Philosophical Imaginary.* SUNY Press, 2012.

Oliver, Kelly. *Knock Me Up, Knock Me Down: Images of Pregnancy in
Hollywood Films*. Columbia University Press, 2012.

Stephens, Julie. *Confronting Postmaternal Thinking: Feminism, Memory and
Care.* Columbia University Press, 2012.

Ziarek, Ewa. *Feminist Aesthetics and the Politics of Modernism*. Columbia
University Press, 2012.

If you are interested in reviewing one of these texts, please email me at
[log in to unmask] with an attached C.V. and an explanation of your
particular interest in and qualifications for reviewing the chosen text.
Deadlines for reviews are negotiable.

* *

*Send email submissions to:*

* *

*Margaret A. Crouch*

*Editor, APA Newsletter on Feminism and Philosophy*

*Department of History and Philosophy*

*Eastern Michigan University*

*Ypsilanti, MI 48197*

*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>**

*734-487-0908*

--
Margaret A. Crouch
Professor of Philosophy