Hello Jr.FLL friends, coaches and teams,

I am excited to announce that there are already 50 Jr.FLL teams registered in Virginia!  This is very exciting since registration for the Super Senior season just opened on August 1st!!  For those of you considering Jr.FLL, the season is flexible as registration will remain open through mid April, 2013.  Teams generally meet for about 6-8 weeks and can choose the season that works best for them.

If any of you are looking for a fun Super Senior activity to do, I want to let you know that Grandparent's Day is coming up on September 9th.  Teams could consider making cards for a local nursing home or senior facility as they would be thrilled to have cards for their residents.  Cards don't need to be fancy, construction paper with crayon pictures would mean a lot to residents.   If making cards for Grandparent's Day doesn't work out (your team may not even be formed yet), consider making cards for fall, Halloween, holidays, winter, spring, etc.  You get the idea, a hand made card from a child anytime of year is special!

I know many of you are wondering about when/where Jr.FLL Expos will be for this year.  I am hoping to finalize some dates in the next week, but hopefully there will be an Expo in Northern Virginia, Richmond and possibly South East Virginia in conjunction with November FIRST LEGO League Tournaments.  There will also be one in Richmond in early March as well as early May.  I know there will be others as well, I just don't have details yet.  Also, do remember that anyone can host an event or Expo.  It can be as simple as a few teams getting together, inviting the parents and friends and having time to share models and Show-Me Posters with one another (and maybe some refreshments).

Happy Super Seniors and don't hesitate to get in touch with questions.

Sally Sylvester
Senior Mentor Virginia
VirginiaFIRST Program Coordinator