Hello Jr.FLL Coaches and Friends,

I'm excited to announce that registration for the 2012-2013 Super Seniors challenge opened yesterday. I am also excited to report that 5 teams in Virginia and 1 in DC have already registered!!

We expect the number of teams in VA/DC to really grow this year and are planning for many Jr.FLL Expos to be offered throughout the year.   If enough teams register and meet this fall, there will be Jr.FLL Expos held at some of the FIRST LEGO League tournaments in November. More details to follow.

Get ready for a great Super Senior season!!  To learn more about Super Seniors....

2012 SUPER SENIORS Challenge

Super_Seniors_SM_IEC
Can Junior FIRST® LEGO® League teams improve the quality of life for seniors by learning about the obstacles some people face as they get older?  In the 2012, SUPER SENIORSSM Challenge, teams will learn about simple machines as they build a model made of LEGO® elements with a motorized moving part and create a team Show Me Poster to represent their findings. Over 16,000 children ages 6 to 9 from 5 countries will learn about the challenges some seniors may have getting around, keeping in touch with friends and family or staying active and fit.
Jr. FLL® has captured the imagination and minds of thousands of kids. Each year, the Challenge Advisory Team designs a new and exciting Challenge to ignite the inherent creativity in young kids. The end result of the design process is a Challenge with two defined parts - the Show Me Poster and the Model.

Please let me know if you have any questions about starting a Jr.FLL team!!  To register or learn more about the registration process, go to https://my.usfirst.org/jr.fll/tims/site.lasso  Teams can either order a LEGO kit or can use their own LEGOS.   Get ready for tons of fun and be thinking how you can get your team involved with seniors in your community!!
I hope to meet many of you doing the Super Seniors Season!!

Sally Sylvester
Senior Mentor Virginia