Salaam,

RE: OPEN HOUSE
PLACE: IASV - LOCAL MASJID
WHEN: SUNDAY 16th
TIME: 4.30pm - 6pm

As some of you may already be aware, the local masjid was vandalized today in the form of graffiti.  Since this incident we have had an overwhelming positive response from the community and the media. In order to attempt some sort of organized reception of a few hundred people (200 people already committed) who are hoping to come to the masjid to show their support, we are asking for people from the community to please bring in snack food/ bottled water/ individual drinks to the masjid by 3pm so that we can set up a table for these items.

We are also asking that the Muslim community please attend the open house, so that we can have a strong presence there. We want the community and media personnel's to see that we appreciate their support and willingness to take time out to show their intolerance against such behavior, regardless where it comes from and who it targets.

Please contact me via email or phone (560 2192) if you have any questions. Forward this message to all you know.

Thank you all for your support in advance, I look forward to seeing you on Sunday insha allah.

Salaam.
Ayesha Shakoor

p.s - If this email has been sent to you in error, I apologize.