With apologies for cross posting, I wanted to send along a call for papers for Michigan State's 14th Annual Graduate Conference.  Please consider submitting a paper, or encourage your graduate students to do so.

--Lisa

—Call for Papers—

Reason, Oppression, and Social Change
The 14th Annual Michigan State University Graduate Conference in Philosophy
March 29th and 30th, 2013

Keynote Speaker:
Amy Allen, Dartmouth University

Faculty Speaker:
Richard Peterson, Michigan State University

The general aim of this conference is to broach philosophical frameworks of social criticism (especially those in the traditions of Critical Social Theory and Post-Structuralism) that illuminate structures of oppression in all of their complexity. This foremost includes analyses of power relations and structural and symbolic mechanisms of subjugation, and how they problematize capacities for critical reflection and social change. To motivate such analyses, we hope to consider questions such as:
Although all submissions relating to the general topic are welcome, we especially encourage submissions that approach the topic within fluid frameworks capable of intersecting social dynamics such as class, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexuality.

Submission Deadline: January 11th, 2013

Please prepare papers for blind review and send them to [log in to unmask]Papers should not exceed 4000 words (there will be an allotted 20-25 minutes for each paper reading, plus 25-30 minutes for commentary and discussion). Please include an abstract of up to 250 words. Cover sheets should contain name, email address, and institutional affiliation. Notification of acceptance will be delivered no later than February 1st, 2013.

Please visit the conference webpage at https://www.msu.edu/~philconf/index.html for more information.

--------
Lisa H. Schwartzman
Associate Professor, Philosophy
Associate Chair and Graduate Program Director
Department of Philosophy
Michigan State University
368 Farm Lane
503 South Kedzie Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824-1032

ph: 517-353-9391 (office); 355-4490 (dept.)
e-mail: [log in to unmask]