Just a reminder, Regional Tournament Registration will END on October 15th at 4 pm. This is a first-come, first-serve system and some tournaments fill up very fast.
JMU must receive your VA/DC FLL Registration Fee payment before the close of the tournament registration process, on October 15. Failure to do this will result in your team not being assigned to a regional tournament. More information is below. There will not be a regional tournament fee like there has been in the past.
If you do not plan on competing, please log into the registration system and indicate this so that we will not have to spend time tracking down your team. There is a place to do this on the first page of the registration.
Thanks and we're looking forward to an exciting season!
VA/DC FLL Regional Tournament Coordinator
Welcome to the 2012 FLL season--Senior Solutions! We have important information about the new VA/DC FLL Regional Registration process that everyone (including returning coaches) should read below.
We will be collecting a VA/DC FLL Regional Registration Fee. There will be NO separate regional tournament registration fee. The VA/DC FLL Regional Registration fee will cover services available to VA/DC FLL teams including team development, coach support and planning for regional qualifying tournaments. Teams registered with the VA/DC FLL Region can sign up for one (1) regional qualifying tournament. Details about payment options are noted below and on our website at www.vadcfll.org. Coaches will also receive reminder emails during the registration process. There is a Frequently Asked Questions link on the registration page that will be able to answer most questions associated with the registration process.
VA/DC FLL REGIONAL REGISTRATION PROCESS:
To help expedite this new registration process, VA/DC FLL teams can start this registration process now. Go to http://www.vadcfll.org/registration.html. There are 4 steps and a confirmation email will be sent after the completion of each step.
1. Enter FLL team information (team name, national FLL team number, coach contact info, etc.).
FLL team MUST be registered with FIRST for the 2012 Senior Solutions season before registering with the VA/DC FLL Region. FIRST will issue the FLL team number. To register with FIRST, go to: https://gofll.usfirst.org/
2. Pay the $100 VA/DC FLL Regional Registration Fee due on 10/15/2012.
Options for payment include: a) Credit card online payment.
Send a check for $100 to the address below. Be sure to include your team number on the check so that it can be correctly credited. Multiple payments may be included in the same check, but each team number must be indicated. c) Pay by purchase order.
Purchase orders are acceptable from any VA or DC school system. Send your purchase order to the address below. Be sure to include your team number on the PO so that it can be correctly credited. Multiple payments may be included in the same PO, but each team number must be indicated.
Mailing address for check and P.O. payments:
3. Enter team member information. (team member name, date of birth, etc.)
Date of birth determines the team’s VA/DC FLL division.
4. Regional Qualifying Tournament Preference Selection (pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice)
This final step (selection of tournaments) will not be available until October 1st. Assignments are based on a first-come, first-serve basis based on tournament selection so starting registration now will not guarantee you preference but does give you ample time collect team member information ahead of time. You will be able to come back and make updates/changes as needed until the end of the registration period on October 15th. We will send out reminders when we get close to the opening of the regional tournament selection portion.
Below are important notes about the registration process…
WHAT WILL COACHES NEED TO BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
· Your national FLL team number as provided by FIRST.
· Contact information for the coach.
· Team member details including name, gender, date of birth (for assignment of age division), whether or not the team member has participated in FLL before.
· Top three choices (in order) for tournament sites (this part will not open until 10/1/2012)
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REGISTRATION…
· Because we know that a number of you are managers and/or coaches for more than one team, you will have the option to register multiple teams and list different coaches for each team. If you register more than one team then you will be responsible for any updates to each team that you register or you will need to share your log in information with individual managers to do so themselves.
· Please be aware that cookies must be enabled on your computer in order to use the registration system. If this poses a problem in your school or place of business, you will need to use another computer or have someone else register for you.
· Any manager or coach email addresses provided will be automatically added to the "admin" email list from which all administrative messages will be sent.
· There may be a delay of up to 1 week between when you register you team with USFIRST and when you are able to start the registration process as we normally update our registration server once a week. We will make sure that all registered teams have been added prior to the start of official regional tournament registration on October 1st.
A SPECIAL NOTE TO TEAMS REGISTERED WITH FIRST BUT DO NOT PLAN TO PARTICIPATE IN A VA/DC FLL REGIONAL TOURNAMENT.
· Even if you don't plan to register a team for a VA/DC FLL regional tournament this season, please log in and make note of that so that we don't have to contact you separately (there will be a clear place to indicate this on the first page). This will help save time for our very busy volunteers who would otherwise have to follow up directly with any unregistered teams.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html to subscribe.