Hello Coaches and Friends,

Since I sent out the list of Jr.FLL Expos this morning, I have gotten many emails asking about attending these events as spectators, so I want to pass on some information.

All FIRST events:  Jr.FLL Expos, FLL Tournaments, FTC Qualifiers and FRC Regionals, are always free and open to the public.  If you are interested in learning more about Jr.FLL attending one of the Expos is a great way to learn more about the program.  You can talk with teams and coaches and see what the LEGO model and Show-Me Poster are all about.  If you are considering starting a team, hopefully it will give you needed nudge to do so.  You are also encouraged to attend the other FIRST events such as FLL Tournaments, FTC qualifiers and FRC Regionals.  If you want to see your child get excited, wait till they see a 6 ft. 120 robot playing basketball!! (that was last years game, we don't know what this year will be).

Starting a team isn't hard, and it is FUN!!  I am happy to provide you with information and once you register a team you will be given access to a coaches guide and other resources.  If you child is interested, take the chance and start a a team - you'll be glad you did!

FYI - We already have 93 teams registered in Virginia and there is still 6 months to go!!  Way to go teams!!
If you are not part of the fun already, you still have plenty of time to join!!

Sally Sylvester
FIRST Senior Mentor Virginia