---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joan Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: Diversity in Philosophy Conference, just some more thoughts
To: Ann Garry <[log in to unmask]>

Healthy, but comfortably retired as a, mostly, farmer and animal caretaker, I haven't had much to say lately.  So let me say a few things by way of catch up and addressing the current wave of criticism of the recent disability conference.

First, it is wonderful to see both FEAST and the FEAST list continuing to thrive.  Maybe someone with a memory better than mine can remind of exactly when all this took shape.

Second, the University of Dayton BENT OVER BACKWARDS to get this conference to go and be the very best it could be.  As usual, Peggy did all that she could to make the best of what is often VERY hard going.  She, and her College are to be commended for this really unique contribution.

That said, I would really like to hear (a lot) more about the group currently being most discussed as left out of consideration of disability and, in particular, among philosophers, namely, the psychologically disabled.  I find this a really compelling question.  But it might not be appropriate for an extended discussion on the FEAST list.  Given that, and even though I no longer have any institutional support for professional activities,  I am more than willing to figure out how to open a discussion list to think through this issue.

If you are interested in such a discussion, please email me at [log in to unmask] and let me know.  We can report back to the FEAST list what we learn together.

Joan