Here is letter from some American scholars who recently visited Pakistan and shared their impressions with ISNA interfaith director (Former ISNA Secretary General) Sayyid M. Syeed.

Dear friend,
                Yes, we returned safely and it was a fabulous experience! We  spent three days in Lahore and three in Islamabad. Most of our time was spent on the campuses of IIU and LUMS, so we did not get to spend much time in the cities themselves, but it all looked very familiar to me as I have spent time in India.  Dr. Mumtaz Ahmad, VP of IIU, was most helpful in making arrangements and bringing us into contact with numerous knowledgeable Pakistani speakers. I was especially impressed by the many students we met: so bright, so hopeful, so impatient with old-style political posturing in both the East and West. I came away very hopeful for the future of the country.
                The experiences at the mosques (in Pakistan and also in our trip to Oman last year) has deeply impressed me with the Truth embodied in Islam and helped me to understand how the distortions of that faith by some Muslims are so much like the distortions of Christianity by some Christians (including those who seem to think it is somehow Christian to hate Muslims!).
                I will spare you a travelogue, but I was particularly impressed with the negative impact of American drones. It is a complex issue, due to political considerations both in the US and Pakistan, but ultimately we are doing more harm than good with the continued use of these weapons, I believe. That would be a good subject for you and I to discuss over coffee....I would love to hear your reflections on that.
                In any case, suffice it to say, it was a marvelous experience and it has cemented my desire to continue to be a part of this effort, which is being led by Bob Chase (as you know). We next hope for a gathering of the two delegations (US and Pakistani) in the US (or perhaps Toronto - easier to get visas).
 Dr. Richard L. "Dick" Hamm, Senior Consultant
8162 Winterset Circle
Indianapolis, IN  4621
www.thecolumbiapartnership.org<http://www.thecolumbiapartnership.org>

[FINAL TCP Logo Small.jpg]

[cid:image001.jpg@01C7D490.DE4BD7C0] Available Amazon<http://amzn.com/B001KOV4D2>  Chalice Press<http://www.chalicepress.com/Recreating-the-Church-P508.aspx>  and Cokesbury<http://www.cokesbury.com/forms/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=500076>