News for Students from the

College of Health and Behavioral Studies

August 29, 2013

The evidence is clear.  Students who participate in educationally purposeful activities, both inside and beyond the classroom, get more out of the college experience.  Engaged students become better prepared for successful employment, admission to graduate school, and for professional responsibilities.  We encourage all students to take advantage of opportunities available at JMU.

To help you find ways to get involved, opportunities for students and an expanded event calendar now included on our college website.  Please take advantage of available opportunities.  Here’s a sample of the posted opportunities and events that may be of interest:

Paid Position. Creative Services is looking for a talented, self-starter to write feature stories, student/faculty profiles, and press releases for use on the college website and on departmental/program websites. See Joblink position 0405482. More information

Elective Available for Fall. IPE 220. Adult Health and Development Program.  This course provides one-on-one outreach experiences to adults, age 50 and above, from our local community. More information

Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2013 Organizational Management Internship position. More information

National Suicide Prevention Week presentation by Margaret Bertram, September 9, 7 pm, Memorial Hall.  Sponsored by the JMU Counseling and Student Development Center

.

Student Employment Job Fair, September 10, 1:30-4, Festival More information

Graduate School Fair. Hosted by Career and Academic Planning, September 24, 4-7 pm. More information

Career & Internship Fair. Hosted by Career and Academic Planning, September 30, 12 – 4 pm and October 1, 11 am – 3 pm. More information

For Graduate Students and Faculty:

Neuropsychology of Emotional Disorders. This workshop will explore the neural architecture of emotional behavior by examining various brain structures laying the foundation for higher level social skill functioning. September 20, 9 am – 5 pm. More Information

Want to learn more about the new CHBS building being planned?  Check out the building blog on our website!

Please remember, the deadline for dropping and/or adding fall semester and first-8-week classes without permission or penalty is Tuesday, September 3.

We welcome suggestions for additional events and opportunities for these listings.  Please send your submission to [log in to unmask] .

The Office of the Dean

College of Health and Behavioral Studies (CHBS)

701 Carrier Drive, MSC 4101, ISAT/CS, Room 375

James Madison University

Harrisonburg, VA 22807

(540) 568-2705