Thanks for this reminder, Kate!
For those who have not attended an IAPh meeting--they are wonderful.  I was inspired by this reminder to submit an abstract just now!
Ann

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Gill, Kathleen A. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear FEAST friends and members,
Just want to make sure you're all aware that the International Association of Women Philosophers is having its 15th Symposium at the University of Alcala (Madrid), June 24-27, 2014.

Attached is the 2nd Call for Papers.  An electronic form is available for proposal submissions, which should be submitted by September 15, 2013.  Contact the symposium coordinator, Stella Villarmea, if you would like permission to submit a proposal after that date.

Plenary speakers at the Symposium are Judith Butler and Celia Amoros.  That should be interesting…!
And the University of Alcala seems to be an excellent setting, both historically and aesthetically, and conveniently located not far from the Madrid airport.

Although many of you may be familiar with the International Association of Women Philosophers  (IAPh), I first discovered them earlier this month in Athens, at the World Congress of Philosophy.   The IAPh members I met there were a great group of women, totally excited about both IAPh and the 2014 Symposium.

Connections with US feminist philosophers seem a little weak.  Although IAPh describes itself as in a cooperative relationship with SWIP USA, a link to that website is not provided.  And although SWIP USA has IAPh on its link list, it actually links to the International Association of Pure Hypoanalysis!

The IAPh website is no longer under construction, it is now possible to pay membership fees online, and the correct website address is http://www.women-philosophy.org.

Best,
Kate

Ann Garry