From: Lori Anne Parker-Danley <[log in to unmask]>
To: helen lauer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: introductory essay on feminist theory/philosophy recommendations

Sorry, Helen,

I posted my response before your other follow ups had posted--the ones offering some help. So please excuse that; I certainly wasn't trying to belabor any corrective point! It wasn't the frankness (I think I was equally as frank and the world needs as many frank women as it can get), but it was just surprising to me and a bit harsh I thought. People ask questions and suggestions for reading and syllabi all the time. I am not sure how that is the same as asking someone else to do your research. But if that's how you see it then maybe you see this a lot or has been your experience.

I don't care if anyone of feast agrees with me or not; I didn't post for that reason. I just felt compelled to offer an alternate view of that question asking so others would not feel strange or judged as scholars for asking for text suggestions.

And, yes, I have asked for text suggestions before (so perhaps I am biased) and I may or may not be of a different generation then you. But then again ... my own hand had to actually open the books, my brain take in the info, and my pen move across the page, so there is something to be said for that, no?

Best,
Lori Anne

Lori Anne Parker-Danley, Ph.D.