From: Alison M Jaggar <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: Ethics and International Affairs invitation

Sally, Thank you for forwarding on this invitation, which I had not heard about. However, I want to make clear that it is not for the journal, Ethics & International Affairs, but rather for the journal Ethics, whose not-so-often-used subtitle is: An International Journal of Social, Political, and Legal Philosophy.

Pointing this out gives me the opportunity for a self-serving note. In July, 1974, I published an article titled "On Sexual Equality," Ethics, 84:4. It is one of the earliest feminist articles I know about and was reprinted quite a few times. I'd be thrilled if someone chose to write about that article--though of course it would not be difficult to point out its naivete. (I later wrote several revisionist articles on the same topic!)

Thanks,
Alison

Alison M. Jaggar
University of Colorado at Boulder
College Professor of Distinction, Philosophy and Women and Gender Studies
Research Coordinator University of Oslo Center for the Study of Mind in Nature,
Boulder, CO 80309-0232
303-492-8997 (direct line)
303-492-6132 (dept. office)
303-492-8386 (fax)