Dear FEAST,

My department is hiring this year (AOS in early modern philosophy; AOC in informal logic or ethical theory), and I wanted to encourage FEAST folks to consider applying.  We're a feminist-friendly department with a number of feminists (and active members of FEAST) on faculty.

Here's a link to the ad: http://philjobs.org/job/show/2646 and I'm posting the details below.

Best,
Lisa

The Department of Philosophy at
Michigan State University invites applications for a nine-month, academic year,
Assistant Professor position beginning August 16, 2014. AOS: early modern
philosophy. AOC: informal logic or ethical theory. PhD in philosophy prior to
appointment. Teaching load: six courses per year, taught over two semesters.
Salary and benefits are competitive. We are particularly interested in
candidates committed to teaching a diverse student body. The successful
candidate will have a robust research program and will be able to make
contributions to the department at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
This is a fixed-term position and has potential for annual renewal based on
performance and availability of funding.

The department has a strong
reputation in environmental philosophy and has doctoral concentrations in
social and political thought (with foci on feminism, race issues, critical
theory, and democratic theory), and in medicine and philosophy; it is
affiliated with interdisciplinary programs in peace and justice studies, ethics
and development, ethics and humanities in the life sciences, ethics and policy
in food and agriculture, and in cognitive science. For more information on the
department visit the website at http://www.philosophy.msu.edu/.

MSU is a research university, a
member of the American Association of Universities, and affiliated with the
Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), a consortium of the Big Ten
universities plus the University of Chicago. MSU is an Affirmative Action,
equal Opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through
cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or
nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable
accommodation.

Review of
application will begin on November 1, 2013 and continue until position has been
filled. Applications should be submitted electronically to the Michigan State
University Human Resources web site http://jobs.msu.edu . Submit a letter of
application, c.v., evidence of teaching effectiveness, statement of research
interests, graduate transcripts (photocopies acceptable), a writing sample and
three letters of recommendation . Queries may be directed to Chair of the
Search Committee, Department of Philosophy, [log in to unmask]

--------
Lisa H. Schwartzman
Associate Professor, Philosophy
Associate Chair and Graduate Program Director
Department of Philosophy
Michigan State University
368 Farm Lane
503 South Kedzie Hall
East Lansing, MI  48824-1032
ph:  517-353-9391 (office); 355-4490 (dept.)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]