Dear Prof. Sperry,

I don't know how to get your email address so I'm trying this.
I just read "Dupes of Patriarchy..." and really liked it.  It is very exciting in fact.  I read it looking for applications from feminist literature for dealing with the quandary of nurturing African intellectual autonomy in undergraduates as we enter the age of MOOCs and generally cut rate, labour market oriented learning.

I thought you would be interested for your own research and access to first order data and analysis to reinforce your kind of concern, in a fantastic paper by a colleague of mine here Akosua Adomako Ampofo, who is the Director of the Institute of African Studies at University of Ghana, and also the founding former director of our Centre for Gender Studies and Advocacy (CEGENSA) at University of Ghana, Legon.

I've attached a typescript version of the paper, now published and reprinted at least once. She contextualises the issue of reproductive choices that women make and the interpretation of need as it is quantified and investigated in the social scientific universalised research designs that we have all grown so used to getting disappointed by in their failure to capture the very issues that you point out so accessibly in your critique of feminist treatments of autonomous thinking.

Thanks again. I can only hope you get this directly or indirectly through our network.
For what it is worth, when I was teaching feminism at Hunter College as an adjunct so many decades ago, I was relying on stuff you wrote then as articulate, reasoned, clear and unrelenting.  You're as good as ever.
Unfortunately the only copy of your paper is a preprint version in Hypatia galleys that I found on the internet. I've since noted that it is cited as:
Sperry, E. (2012), Dupes of Patriarchy: Feminist Strong Substantive Autonomy's Epistemological Weaknesses. Hypatia. doi: 10.1111/hypa.12007

Best,
Helen Lauer
Philosophy & Classics
University of Ghana, Legon