Best bet would be for the student to join a PhD programme in Africa or elsewhere in the global south, but it would have to be in African studies or a well established institutional base for that country, e.g. agriculture and linguistics in Ghana are taught from global-South perspectives, but public health decidedly is not.
There are fairly sophisticated schemes between U. Ghana and universities based in USA and commonwealth countries so that split locations can be pursued through the PhD process. Indeed that is encouraged. A little internet investigation will do ya'.

Helen

From: Shari Stone-Mediatore <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 4:09 AM
Subject: grad programs with global-South perspectives?

I have a bright undergraduate student who is looking for Phil graduate programs with some decolonial, postcolonial, or global-South perspectives.  I've suggested Stony Brook and CUNY (on account of Mendieta and Alcoff).  Can anyone suggest any other schools?  (The student is also applying to comp. lit. programs.)

Thanks.
Shari

--
Shari Stone-Mediatore