Hi, all,

This is an excellent opportunity for undergraduates. I attended last year,
and the students were professional and amazing. Please encourage your
students to submit papers, or volunteer to comment.

*Call for Papers*

*Eastern Michigan University’s 4th Annual Undergraduate Conference in
Philosophy*

*March 8th and 9th, 2014*

The Eastern Michigan University Undergraduate Conference in Philosophy is
now accepting papers

for its conference to be held Saturday and Sunday, March 8th and 9th, 2014.
 Papers selected for presentation will be allotted 20 minute presentation
times, followed by “formal” comments and Q & A.  All papers in philosophy,
broadly construed, will be considered for the conference; since this is an
undergraduate conference, no papers by professionals, graduate students, or
others holding an advanced degree (in philosophy) will be considered.

*Papers submitted for the conference should be 8-12 pages in length and
include an abstract approximately 250 words in length.*

*  *

The deadline for submission is *January 10, 2014*, and only completed
papers accompanied by an abstract will be reviewed.  We expect to announce
the papers selected for presentation before the end of January.

We will also be using a “formal” commentator system; so, even if your paper
is not selected for presentation, you may be considered for such a role.
Please let us know, along with your paper submission, if you are willing to
comment.  This also means that all selected papers will receive formal
feedback at the conference.

*Keynote Speaker: Dr. Eric Stencil, Utah Valley University*

*
*

*Faculty Mentors:*  Last year we enjoyed having faculty attend in a purely
support role.  We strongly encourage students to bring faculty mentors to
the conference.  The dialog among professors, discussion of pedagogy, and
expansion of mentoring opportunities for students, are among the desirable
benefits of this conference.

*Papers, abstracts, and questions should be submitted electronically to **

*Faculty Supervisor:  *Dr. W. John Koolage, [log in to unmask]

*Publication Opportunity:  *The top (3 to 5) papers submitted will be
published in the inaugural run of our new undergraduate philosophy
journal!  www.emich.edu/historyphilosophy/journals.php

*Conference Website: *www.emich.edu/historyphilosophy/emuucip.php

*Papers submitted and/or presented at other conferences will be given equal
consideration in our review process.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Margaret

--
Margaret A. Crouch
Professor of Philosophy