Dear FEAST,

I wanted to pass along the results of the vote about the 2015 site:  the choice of Clearwater Beach location for the 2015 meeting passed among the members 54 to 9.

I got in touch with the hotel in Clearwater Beach (the Sheraton Sand Key) and discussed possible dates with them.  After looking at the 2015 calendar and trying to avoid conflicts with national and religious holidays (such as Canadian Thanksgiving and the Jewish high holidays), it looks like the best dates are October 1-4, 2015.  I will get in touch with the hotel again next week and work on getting the contract in place.

I also wanted to remind you about the nomination process for several steering committee positions.  Maurice informed me that he has not yet received many nominations.  Please take a look at the call for nominations (below), and even if you're not interested in running, think about nominating someone who would do a good job.  (The deadline for nominations is a week from Thursday.)

Thanks,
Lisa

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
You have just enjoyed a tremendous conference in Tempe and now you have an opportunity to influence the organization that you love through service.
The FEAST Steering Committee solicits nominations for three positions on the Steering Committee, the governing body of the organization. For a complete list of Steering Committee positions see http://www.afeast.org/Steering/steering.html
The open positions are:
At Large, (3 year term from 1/1/14 through 12/31/16)
Chair-Elect (2 year term from 1/1/14 through 12/31/15).  This person will then serve as Chair from 1/1/16 through 12/31/17
Chair, International Committee, (3 year term from 1/1/14 through 12/31/16)
Grad Student Representative (2 year term from 1/1/14 through 12/31/15) [nominations for this position can come from anyone but voting will be among Grad students only]
Self-nominations are welcome, and all nominations should include a brief biography of 150 words or less, plus a short narrative of 150 words or less describing the candidate’s interest in and hopes for FEAST.  Excessively long statements will be cut off, so please keep to the word limitation. Candidates must be current members of FEAST by the time the ballot is posted.  (To join FEAST, please go to the website: http://www.afeast.org/)
Deadline for nominations is November 21, 2013.  Please send all nominations to Maurice Hamington, Chair of the Nomination and Election Committee, [log in to unmask].
Voting for these positions will be limited to FEAST members.
Thank you!
Maurice

--------
Lisa H. Schwartzman
Associate Professor, Philosophy
Associate Chair and Graduate Program Director
Department of Philosophy
Michigan State University
368 Farm Lane
503 South Kedzie Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824-1032

ph: 517-353-9391 (office); 355-4490 (dept.)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]