Dear Sally,

What a splendid resource, thank you!

Everyone, please be sure you are also listed on the Philosophy Family Tree.

cheers,

Liz Anderson
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Sally Haslanger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all:

I would like to let you know about a new directory of women philosophers.  It can be found at:

www.womenofphilosophy.com.

This is a crowd-sourced database searchable by 1) name, 2) school, 3) faculty position, 4) areas of specialization, 5) primary research interests, and 6) geographical location. It currently contains over 650 names of women philosophers working on faculties of higher education across the world. As it stands, the listing is far from comprehensive, and we are relying on the goodwill of members of the profession to keep the database up-to-date and as comprehensive as possible.

Women with a Ph.D. in philosophy holding a faculty position (e.g., post-doc, adjunct, tenure-track, tenured, etc.) should check if they have an entry in the database and send any additions or corrections under the ‘Submit’ tab. Please use that tab to add yourself if you are not currently listed. We invite anyone to submit a name, including names of women in philosophy outside of the U.S.

The database should be an invaluable resource for conference organizers, editors, hiring committees, and anyone interested in learning more about the work of women in the profession.   Please spread the word!

Enjoy! Sally

Work to produce this database was completed by a team of volunteers. Thanks to the Committee on the Status of Women and MIT for their support, and to all those who have contributed.

Please note: I am on sabbatical this term.  If I have not been prompt in responding to your email, it is because I'm really trying to remember how to read and write something other than emails.