These are precisely the sorts of attack that hinder the profession from
moving forward (this particular one is especially out there, but I have
heard 'academic' sounding versions of the same points). They bog us down in
having to defend that sexism is pervasive in the field, so that skepticism
about the issue remains alive in even 'well-meaning' philosophy
departments. This deters departments from making any substantive changes or
taking a stand that may hinder valued ideals of 'meritocracy' and
'fairness', while touting equal opportunity for all in quasi good faith.
While we cannot completely ignore the (often power-yielding crazies), we
also CANNOT be distracted from the larger task of creating an environment
of meaningful inclusivity.

On that note, I (as I am certain, many others) have appreciated all the
work that goes into supporting a community of women through various
initiatives, such as, http://beingawomaninphilosophy.wordpress.com/ ,
http://www.cbwp.ktgphd.com/ , and http://www.womenofphilosophy.com/, and of
course FEAST :)

Best,