Dear FEASTies,
Please check out this blog post by a graduate student in philosophy, Dana Rognlie.  I think she makes some compelling claims about the environment for women in philosophy.
http://alfanos.org/Blog/?p=454

Here is a taste:
"Suppose I decide to skip Carlin Romano’s latest pontification before blogging about him. Because I’m uncertain he understands the difference between being a feminist and being a ‘feminist’.  Perhaps the better question is, suppose the discipline of philosophy valued the existence and freedom of women in philosophy and in society more broadly over abstract claims of freedom of expression of privileged men? Despite attending more to style than to content, touting clarity while remaining incoherent, and responding to criticism with name-dropping and non sequiturs, Romano is what passes in America (the philosophical!) for a public intellectual..."