Very sad indeed.  Its quite shocking.  She was a very vivid presence.  Eva,
On Aug 27, 2014, at 9:15 PM, Lori Gruen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Well said Chris!!

Lori Gruen, Ph.D.
Professor, Philosophy, FGSS, and ENVS
Chair, Philosophy Department
Coordinator, Wesleyan Animal Studies
Wesleyan University

On Aug 27, 2014, at 8:54 PM, "Chris J. Cuomo" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thank you for sharing this very sad news. Anne was truly one of the greats. Such a warm heart, sharp mind, so brilliant and good humored and supportive. And she could take down a room full of sexist white dude philosophers like nobody's business. I will miss her presence greatly, and I wish her spirit peace.

Chris C