Hello Everyone,

As most of you know, several of the members of FEAST and SWIP have been hard at work building PIKSI, a wonderful program dedicated to improving the pipeline of diverse and under-represented students into Philosophy graduate programs and, ultimately, into the profession. PIKSI is conducting a fund-raising campaign this month with the hope to get support from far and wide. Please consider supporting our work, and note that we are all volunteers, so your donation dollars go extra far in directly supporting programming.

This is something concrete we can do to increase diversity in philosophy.

Here is a link to the PIKSI fundraising page, where you can also find a video made by our previous participants,

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/piksi-2014-changing-the-face-of-philosophy

If you’d like more info about PIKSI, here is a link to the homepage,

http://rockethics.psu.edu/education/piksi

Thanks for your consideration!

Christina M. Bellon, PhD

Chair, Philosophy Department

California State University, Sacramento

6000 J Street

Sacramento, CA 95819-6033

916.278.4759

www.csus.edu/indiv/b/bellonc

P Please consider how your choices impact the environment for current and future generations.