Dear Chris and Sara and all,

PIKSI has recently become aware of MAP, which is only about a year old, as far as I understand.  Prior to the summer, I, as Chair fo the PIKSI Board contacted some folks at MAP on the suggestion of the then Director of PIKSI, Ellen Feder who had met some MAP members at a conference.  This summer, MAP had a Google Video session with two members of MAP and began to lay out some ways to coordinate efforts.    We had in mind visits of MAP members to PIKSI and possible mentoring of MAP graduate students for the PIKSI undergraduates. Ellen, want to chime in and speak to this?  But there is definitely interest on the part of both groups to find ways of reinforcing each others efforts.  (Exciting possibilities!)

Warm regards, Eva