Dear FEAST,

Please see the job ad below. My department is pluralistic and three of our members are feminists. Please contact me with questions.

Best,

Dianna

John Carroll University, a small, private, Jesuit Catholic institution, invites applications for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor position beginning August 28, 2015. AOS: Feminist Philosophy; AOC: Some combination of bioethics, environmental ethics, and philosophy of law from a transnational or multi-ethnic perspective. Ph.D. required by time of hire. 4/4 teaching load; reduction to 3/3 given for those with an active research program. Dossiers should be sent to http://apply.interfolio.com/27352 and should contain the following materials: cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, research statement, statement of teaching philosophy, and teaching evaluations. Candidates should describe in their cover letters how they will contribute to the university’s new integrated core curriculum (http://sites.jcu.edu/cas/pages/core-curriculum/new-core-fall-2015/), which will be implemented in the fall of 2015. In their teaching statements, candidates should describe ways in which issues of diversity inform their pedagogy. Review of applications will begin on November 25th and continue until the position is filled. Preliminary interviews will be conducted at the Eastern APA in Philadelphia.

Inquiries to Professor Dianna Taylor, Chair, Department of Philosophy: [log in to unmask]

John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.