Hello all - Please note the following job advertisement. This is really a
fantastic position and I am happy to answer any questions you might have.
Please circulate widely!

The* Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University, Washington,
DC* seeks
a mid-career, tenured or tenure-ready scholar at any rank. The Kennedy
Institute is a vibrant community of scholars whose work typically reaches
across disciplinary boundaries and across the divide between academia and
the larger community. See kennedyinstitute.georgetown.edu for more details.

Area of specialization: practical ethics, broadly and inclusively
construed. We are especially interested in researchers whose work has a
strong interdisciplinary component, and intersects productively with the
research of the current scholars, who are primarily philosophers. For
instance, researchers in critical race theory, science and values, health
and social justice, and environmental ethics are strongly encouraged to
apply. We seek a faculty member with a substantial and growing research
track record. The tenure home will be in a traditional department (such as
Philosophy, Government, Psychology, Biology, or Anthropology). Teaching
will be at both the graduate and the undergraduate level and may include
graduate supervision. The teaching load will three courses spread over two
terms.

Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff.  All qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other
categories protected by law.

Candidates should send a letter of interest, a current c.v., and contact
information for three referees to [log in to unmask] Applications
received by January 31, 2014 will get full consideration but the position
is open to applications until filled. Questions about the position may be
directed to the search committee chair, Prof. Rebecca Kukla, at