This is awesome!  Thank you and congratulations.

Rebecca

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Ruth Chang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear All,

I wanted to bring your attention to the new UPDirectory, which is a directory of philosophers from underrepresented groups in philosophy, just launched a few minutes ago!

The link is here:
www.theupdirectory.com

The directory is fully searchable and really neat. If you're a conference organizer looking for philosophers in your city who work on X, you can search the directory and come up with a list of such philosophers from underrepresented groups who fit the bill. If you're on a hiring committee, and the usual suspects keep coming to mind but you'd like to do a more thorough search, you can pull up the directory and find all philosophers in the directory who work in a general AOS or even on a specific research topic. If you're an editor looking for a list of possible candidates to invite to contribute to a volume or to referee a paper, the UPDirectory can help you. We hope it will be a really valuable resource for everyone in the profession.

We'd also like to encourage philosophers from underrepresented groups in philosophy, including women, to add themselves to the directory. They should just read the About page and then click on the Want to Add Yourself link if they'd like to be included.

Thanks!
Ruth