Happy New Year!  Please note the following Admissions and Advising Information for Teacher Education:

1.       Peer Advising: TEACH Ambassadors are gearing up for another semester of providing teacher admission advising to education students.  Please send your students to the TAAC office (MH 7240) on Mondays and Wednesdays 11-1 and on Tuesdays and Thursdays 12-2 with questions about applying for teacher education admissions.  They can be contacted at [log in to unmask].

2.       Please be aware that your Admissions and Advising questions for teacher education can be sent to Dara Hall at [log in to unmask] this semester.  MJ Saunders is abroad in Spain this semester.  Our GA, Ginger Wayland, [log in to unmask], will be helping with entering updates on Mondays.  Our database manager, John Vaughan, loads some of the pertinent data (test scores, declarations of minor, etc.) on Thursdays into Tk20.

3.       Although still in the “Pilot” phase, we are moving towards the process of having admission cohorts as below.   Admission updates to program heads will be sent out based on the following schedule:

Admissions Dates & Deadlines:

Application Received

Anticipated Acceptance

Jan 16th - April  15th

           Oct. 1st

April 16thJuly 15th

Jan. 1st

July 16thOct 15th

April 1st

Oct. 16thJan. 15th

             July 1st

Application Cohort in Tk20

           April 15th  Application Cohort

Applications received between Jan 16th – April 15th are put in the April 15th Cohort in TK20.

July 15th

Application Cohort

Applications received between April 16th –July 15th are put in the July 15th Cohort in Tk20.

Oct. 15th

Application Cohort

Applications received between July 16th –Oct. 15th are put into the Oct. 15th Cohort in Tk20.

Jan. 15th

Application Cohort

Applications received between Oct. 16th and Jan. 15th are put into the Jan. 15th Cohort in Tk20.

Admission Reports sent to Program Heads

Initial: April

Update: July

Final: Oct

Initial: July

Update: Oct

Final: Jan

Initial: Oct

Update: July

Final: April

Initial: Jan

Update: April

Final: July

Dara

Dara Hall

Teacher Education Admissions and Field Experiences Coordinator

JMU Education Support Center

540-568-2996