Well, it looks like I'm going to get "back in the saddle" for a bit, at
least, and teach a course for the UK College of Arts and Sciences this fall
for incoming freshmen.  If it goes, it will probably be titled "Sexual
Rights as Civil Rights" (thanks to Susan Bordo for the title suggestion).
I'll want to concentrate on marriage equality, which I expect will become
the law of the land this summer.  But I want to finish up with the problem
of homophobia, which, like racism, is sure to continue despite law, and
launch a serious discussion of transgender in that context -- a discussion
that I hope will interest students in learning more about transgender and
transphobia.  (I'll be including a guest speaker on problems gender
minorities face, among other things, on getting adequate health care
because of their gender identities.)

So, I'm writing to ask for suggestions anyone might have, for readings /
films, particularly on transgender, that would be good picks for students
beginning their university studies.

I'll be happy to compile suggestions and post them all together to minimize
inbox clutter.  Please send them to me at [log in to unmask] .

Thank you!

All best,
Joan