Well, it looks like I'm going to get "back in the saddle" for a bit, at least, and teach a course for the UK College of Arts and Sciences this fall for incoming freshmen.  If it goes, it will probably be titled "Sexual Rights as Civil Rights" (thanks to Susan Bordo for the title suggestion).  I'll want to concentrate on marriage equality, which I expect will become the law of the land this summer.  But I want to finish up with the problem of homophobia, which, like racism, is sure to continue despite law, and launch a serious discussion of transgender in that context -- a discussion that I hope will interest students in learning more about transgender and transphobia.  (I'll be including a guest speaker on problems gender minorities face, among other things, on getting adequate health care because of their gender identities.)

So, I'm writing to ask for suggestions anyone might have, for readings / films, particularly on transgender, that would be good picks for students beginning their university studies.

I'll be happy to compile suggestions and post them all together to minimize inbox clutter.  Please send them to me at [log in to unmask] .

Thank you!

All best,
Joan