Dear Joan,

If it's just rights in general you are looking for an introductory text
for, I have to recommend this as an accessible read:

Jones, P., 1994. *Rights*, London: Macmillan Press.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rights-Issues-Political-Theory-Peter/dp/0333361369

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's available in the US, but it's worth a
mention. I've seen it used for undergraduate political theory and law
students in the UK.

Best wishes,
Helen

Dr Helen Brown Coverdale

Guest Teacher LSE100 http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/students/LSE100/Home.aspx
Law Department Alumna
London School of Economics & Political Science

*#HireMe! CV: https://lse.academia.edu/HelenBrownCoverdale/CurriculumVitae
<https://lse.academia.edu/HelenBrownCoverdale/CurriculumVitae>*

*Follow Me: Twitter*:  http://twitter.com/helencoverdale
*Academia.edu*:  https://lse.academia.edu/HelenBrownCoverdale