Hi Joan,

On human rights, James Nickel's Making Sense of Human Rights, second edition is helpful.  It also discusses the structure of a right (in the Feinberg tradition) and the relation of human rights to civil and political rights, so maybe that would suit your purpose.

All best,
Caro

p.s.  Alas, no contact info for Sandra Bartky.  But I just referenced her terrific wok on solidarity in a recent paper!

Carol Gould
Distinguished Professor, Philosophy, Hunter College; Doctoral Programs in Philosophy and Political Science, The Graduate Center, City University of New York  http://www.carolcgould.com
Director, Center for Global Ethics & Politics at the Ralph Bunche Institute: http://cgep.ws.gc.cuny.edu/
Editor, Journal of Social Philosophy: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9833
The Ralph Bunche Institute, 365 Fifth Avenue, suite 5203, New York, NY 10016; 212-817-1940

Interview about Interactive Democracy in New Books in Philosophy:
http://newbooksinphilosophy.com/2015/02/01/carol-gould-interactive-democracy-the-social-roots-of-global-justice-cambridge-up-2014/