Here's the acknowledgment by the eds.
The editors would like to express their gratitude to the Kenneth Mark Drain Chair in Ethics at Trent University Trust for funds to make this issue open access in entirety.

Ann

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Veltman, Andrea - veltmaal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From Eric Piper ([log in to unmask])

From: Piper, Eric - Boston [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 1:59 PM
To: Veltman, Andrea - veltmaal
Subject: Open Access: Journal of Social Philosophy special issue on miscarriage and pregnancy loss

Dear Professor Veltman,

I’m writing to submit the information below for the FEAST listserve. We hope this special issue will interest FEAST members!

The first-ever collection on philosophical treatments of miscarriage and pregnancy loss is also the first entirely Open Access issue of the Journal of Social Philosophy. The creation of the Special Issue: "Miscarriage, Reproductive Loss, and Fetal Death" is motivated by the fact that miscarriage is widely experienced — yet the phenomenon of miscarriage remains shockingly under-theorized. Philosophers have written about abortion and about pregnancy, but until now we could count philosophical works on miscarriage on the fingers of one hand.

The special issue features articles on moral philosophy, the ontology of persons, the role of social media in communicating miscarriage experiences, and the relationship of miscarriage to philosophical questions about abortion and fetal death. All articles will be Open Access, and thanks for that in large part is owed to Trent University in Ontario and the generous support of Trent’s Kenneth Mark Drain Chair in Ethics Trust. Readers are invited to comment and share the articles. Let’s all pay more and better attention to miscarriage!

Guest editors: Ann J. Cahill, Kathryn J. Norlock, Byron Stoyles

Full blog post: http://thephilosopherseye.com/2015/03/24/the-philosophical-treatments-of-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilosophersEye/status/580355871655395328

Special issue: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/josp.v46.1/issuetoc

Sincerely,