DC United has invited FIRST teams in DC, MD and VA as on Saturday, May 9th at RFK. The event is open to 2014 - 2015 FRC, FTC, FLL and Jr.FLL teams. This is a great opportunity
for FIRST teams to:
- Demo your robot, present your project or promote your outreach programs to soccer fans at the “Tailgate” lot prior to the game
- Provide hands-on STEM activities to inspire kids of all ages.
- Watch the home game at 7:00 pm: DC United vs. Sporting KC.
Game ticket cost:
- $5.00/ticket for FIRST team students, coaches/mentors NOTE: Teams bringing their robot for the STEM exhibit during the Tailgate period will get up to 10 free tickets for students/coaches/mentors. Free and discounted tickets are limited and are first come, first served until they are allocated.
- $12.00/ticket for parents/siblings/chaperones. These tickets can be purchased in bulk up until May 1.
Teams signing up for this event are committing to attend the game and pay for the tickets. After sign-up, an invoice will be sent to each team from the US STEM Foundation.
Teams receiving awards and special recognition during the 2014-2015 season are asked to provide details. These teams may be recognized before and/or during the game.
SPECIAL REQUEST: If you are bilingual and are willing to help promote FIRST, we would love to have you to participate. Many languages are spoken by soccer fans including Spanish, Russian, French, Mandarin, Polish and Japanese.
DC United gave us rave reviews last year and the FIRST teams who attended had a blast. This year’s event should be even more fun.
Please register immediately. Registration will close on May 1 so we can let DC United know the number of tickets for FIRST participants. The link for registering is:
The link contains additional information about the event.
For more information, contact Don Brobst at [log in to unmask].