From: Feminist ethics and social theory [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mary Rawlinson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: IJFAB Editor Call for Proposals

The International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics (IJFAB) is seeking a new editor to take over leadership of the journal from July 2016. Potential candidates are invited to contact [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] by 30 June 2015 for more information and/or to register their interest. We invite expressions of interest from individuals or groups.

IJFAB is the journal of the International Association of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics (FAB). It is the sole bioethics journal devoted to feminist scholarship. IJFAB was first published in 2008 and has been under the leadership of founding editor Mary Rawlinson at Stony Brook University since commencement. The incoming editor will have the opportunity to build on Mary’s legacy to take the journal forward into its second decade at a new institutional home.

IJFAB is published twice yearly by Toronto University Press. It has a double anonymous peer-review system, and is indexed in major bibliographic databases.

IJFAB's mission is to:

·      Sustain and expand the network of feminist scholars working on ethics, gender, and health

·      Extend the reach of feminist scholarship in bioethics

·      Expand the horizons of bioethics to include attention to the social, economic, and environmental determinants of health

·      Explore the implications of scholarship for public policy

·      Analyze the intersection of gender with other social determinants of privilege and discrimination, including race, class, ethnicity, sexuality, and disability

·      Attend to the transnational dimensions of ethical issues related to health and gender

See http://www.jstor.org/page/journal/intjfemappbio/about.html for more information about the journal.

Please contact us for more information or to discuss potential options and plans for this position.

[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

On behalf of the search committee

Sheryl De Lacey and Wendy Rogers (co-chairs)

Mary Rawlinson (ex-officio)

Carolyn McLeod

Vikki Entwistle

Olivia Tena

--
Mary C. Rawlinson
Professor of Philosophy

Editor, IJFAB: International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics
IJFAB Blogwww.ijfab.org/blog

Co-director, The Irigaray Circle: www.irigaray.org
Topologies of Sexual Difference: 2014 Irigaray Circle Conference, Melbourne, Australia: http://www.rmit.edu.au/topologies2014