Dear Cecilia,

I believe that MAP discontinued its mentoring project due to
underutilization--although I welcome correction if this is a
misunderstanding.  For this reason, before launching a mentoring project or
applying for a grant, it would be good to investigate the conditions that
enable such projects to be successful.  I recommend that you contact Kristen
Renwick Monroe at UC Irvine to find out more about establishing a mentoring
system.  She chaired the American Political Science Association's Task
Force on Mentoring some years ago.  I believe the APSA has a successful
mentoring program, but I don't know the details of how it works.

cheers,

Liz Anderson
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor