Dear FEAST members,

I want to let you know that the Society for Analytical Feminism will be having 2 sessions at the upcoming Eastern and Central APAs in honor of Claudia. We planned these over the summer knowing we did not have much longer with Claudia, but hoping for the possibility that she could attend. With her loss on Saturday, we are saddened, but eager to mark her passing by discussing her philosophical and feminist work, as she would have wanted.

2015 SAF sessions at APA meetings in honor of Claudia Card

Eastern (January 2016) division meeting, Washington D.C.

3 hr session, Title: The Feminist Philosophy of Claudia Card

 Chair: Robin S. Dillon (Lehigh University)

Speakers:

            Mavis Biss (Loyola University Maryland)

            Victoria Davion (University of Georgia)

            Kathryn J. Norlock (Trent University)

Central (March 2016) division meeting, Chicago

3 hr session (Title TBA)

Chair: Kathryn J. Norlock (Trent University)

Speakers:

Diana Meyers (University of Connecticut)

Alison Jaggar (University of Colorado-Boulder)

Lynne Tirrell (University of Massachusetts-Boston)

So many philosophers have so much to say about Claudia's work. I hope to see you at one of these sessions if opportunity to attend comes your way.

Robin

--
Robin S. Dillon
William Wilson Selfridge Professor of Philosophy

"Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire."
--William Butler Yeats