Dear FEAST Members,

In May, I sent out a call for those interested in participating in a FEAST panel for the annual meeting of SAAP (Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy) which will be held in Portland, Oregon on March 3-5, 2016.  Although we got a very good response to the call, for various reasons a number of those originally interested had to drop out.  So, I am resending the call for anyone who might be interested. You can read more information about the conference at:  http://american-philosophy.org/events/documents/SAAP_CFP_2016_final.pdf

This panel will address the intersection of feminist care ethics and American pragmatist philosophy broadly construed.  Papers on any topic engaging the work of contemporary or classic or marginalized American pragmatist philosophy as well as the growing literature in care ethics are welcome.  Applied or more theoretical/speculative papers are also welcome.  In terms of upfront labor, we only need paper titles and descriptions by the end of October (so the completed paper is only necessary in time for presentation).  Perhaps the volume, Contemporary Feminist Pragmatism http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415899918/ is one example of this kind of scholarship that you might find useful. If you have never been to SAAP, it consists of a very hospitable group of feminist-friendly, inclusive scholars who encourage cross-disciplinary dialogue.  If you have a paper, or an idea for a paper, please contact me at [log in to unmask].  If you have colleagues who might be interested in participating, please alert them to this opportunity.

Thank you
Maurice

follow me at https://pdx.academia.edu/MauriceHamington