Thanks, Ann.  here's the reference:
"Unnatural Lotteries and Diversity in Philosophy"
Claudia Card
Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association
Vol. 82, No. 2 (Nov., 2008), pp. 85-99
Published by: American Philosophical Association
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jstor.org.ezp3.lib.umn.edu_action_showPublisher-3FpublisherCode-3Damphilosophical&d=BQIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=aCpA7J4NM8CG9qjzsqWB3v-clGtc8j2lQsquKYfqx3k&s=kGYO2vY0P-p1wTpZkVKhe17wRrvpu3CQq7U-4-bie9s&e= >
Stable URL: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jstor.org_stable_27654055&d=BQIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=aCpA7J4NM8CG9qjzsqWB3v-clGtc8j2lQsquKYfqx3k&s=fcx070qkCskMamvz1IQHjNAta9NnD0qNiPIMSE0cGFQ&e=

*Naomi SchemanProfessor of Philosophy and Gender, Women, & Sexuality
Studies (GWSS)Affiliate faculty, Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of
Global Change (ICGC)University of MinnesotaPhilosophy Department--271 19th
Ave. S., Minneapolis MN 55455*

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Ann Garry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
>> different from the internationally known philosopher she became! (I'm
>> hoping young academics will extrapolate freely!)
>>
>> We made a plan for Luna and I to get together with Sandy in the winter or
>> spring and make some video recordings of her SWIP memories, and her other
>> recollections about an amazing life. The plan is for them to be posted on
>> youtube. Trust me, based on conversations the three of us have had in years
>> past, she has some extraordinary tales to tell!
>>
>> On Monday, September 21, 2015, Alison M Jaggar <
>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> It is already more than a week since we lost Claudia Card. In that time,
>>> there has been an outpouring of grief but also many testimonies to a
>>> brilliant philosopher, dedicated teacher, and generous mentor. Claudia was
>>> all of these, but I’d like additionally to emphasize her extraordinary
>>> courage. In a short remembrance posted on Facebook, Sandra Bartky recalls
>>> perceiving Claudia as timid when she first started coming to mid-west SWIP
>>> in the late 1970s. I too remember Claudia at this time as being rather
>>> shrinking, with a demure braid down her back. Within a very few years,
>>> however, Claudia cut her hair and came out of the closet. With Anne Waters,
>>> I recall Claudia’s bow tie and three piece suit from Germany and I too
>>> recall Claudia dancing at the parties. After a decade of professional
>>> silence, Claudia found a new philosophical voice in the early 1980s and
>>> from then until her death she produced a powerful flow of incisive articles
>>> and books. Three decades ago, it took more courage to be a feminist
>>> philosopher than it does today, let alone a philosopher speaking with an
>>> explicitly lesbian voice. Claudia raised topics that were virtually
>>> taboo and challenged the views prevailing even among feminist and lesbian
>>> philosophers. She discussed lesbian battering and horizontal violence,
>>> sadomasochism, feminist separatism, and adult child sex, arguing against
>>> marriage and motherhood and even opposing same sex marriage. Later in her
>>> career, Claudia addressed directly and deeply topics that many philosophers
>>> shrink from thinking about, including mass atrocities and genocidal rape. I
>>> was frequently struck by Claudia’s vast empirical knowledge about what she
>>> called these secular evils, research that must have been deeply disturbing
>>> but which made possible her moral insights. Over the past year, Claudia
>>> faced her impending death with a calmness and good humor that many of us
>>> found inspirational. Courage should be recognized as a central
>>> philosophical virtue and no one had more of it than Claudia Card. We will
>>> try to be worthy of you, Claudia!
>>>

>>>  Much love,
>>>
>>> Alison.
>>>

>>> Alison M. Jaggar
>>> University of Colorado at Boulder
>>> College Professor of Distinction, Philosophy and Women and Gender Studies
>>> Distinguished Research Professor, University of Birmingham, UK
>>> 303-492-6132 (dept. office)