From Devora Shapiro ([log in to unmask])

From: Devora Shapiro [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 1:28 PM
To: Veltman, Andrea - veltmaal
Subject: Please post: Final CFP, Pacific APA NASSP: Justice and the Social Ontology of Race

Hi,

I'm writing to request that our final call for abstracts be posted to the listserve - WITH EXTENDED DEADLINE!!!. Here it is:

FINAL Call for Abstracts- Extended to 9/15:

The North American Society for Social Philosophy (NASSP) invites submissions for its group session at the Pacific APA, 2016. The theme of our session will be:

“Justice and the Social Ontology of Race”

Proposals on topics intersecting this theme, broadly understood, are welcome, and might include:

-       The use of racial categories in social planning and policy

-       The ontological status and import of racial categories

-       Race and the justice system

-       The role of race in social and political identity

-       Intersectional analyses of racialized experience(s)

-       Racial categories and educational institutions

-       Race and experience

-       Race and equity

-       Racial violence

-       The status of criminal hate

Other topics in this vein are welcome and encouraged.

Chosen presenters will join our invited speakers, Naomi Zack, Univ. of Oregon, who will present her recent work, "Racial Inequality and Applicative Justice: A Comparative Approach vs. Ideal and Nonideal Theory," and Quayshawn Spencer, U Penn (title TBA).

Submissions should take the form of extended abstracts or papers. Abstracts should be around 1000 words, with bibliography included. Papers should be under 3000 words. Please include the following information in submission: Name, affiliation (if any), email address, and paper title.

We welcome submissions from both members and non-members, but we do require that all presenters join the North American Society for Social Philosophy if their papers are accepted. Notification of acceptance will be made via email in October.

Submission deadline: September 15, 2015

Submissions and questions should be sent to: Devora Shapiro at [log in to unmask], with the subject heading “NASSP APA 2016 SUBMISSION”

For more information on the society and our events, visit our website at:

http://www.northamericansocietyforsocialphilosophy.org/

PLEASE FORWARD THIS CALL TO ANYONE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED

--
Devora Shapiro, PhD
Assistant Professor, Philosophy

Dr. Andrea Veltman