To follow up on that, if your team has not read and discussed the Definitions and Rules section of the challenge document, take some time at your next meeting to read & discuss each one. My team spent almost an entire meeting doing this, and it was time well spend.
Your question can be answered by Definition D06 and Rule R02.
R02 – Controllers – You are allowed only one individual controller in any particular Match.
- It must exactly match a type shown below (Except: Special-edition color differences are okay).
- All other controllers must be left in the pit area for that Match.
- All forms of remote control or data/info exchange with Robots including Bluetooth in the competition area are illegal.
D06 – Match – A “Match” is when two teams play opposite each other on two Fields arranged back to back.
- Matches last 2-1/2 minutes.
- Your Robot Launches from Base and tries as many Missions as possible.
- The Field is not reset for the purpose of multiple attempts.
- Re-Launches are allowed during the Match, but the timer doesn’t pause
Hope this helps!