From: Junior FIRST LEGO League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Nita Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VADCJRFLL-L] JrFLL Expo - Virginia

Are there any plans to have a Jr FLL Expo on the Virginia side in early spring of 2016?  With most counties in the region not being able to start school until after Labor Day, that puts any school based teams at a disadvantage.  We simply don't have time to recruit the team and prepare for an expo as early as November as most teams don't have a chance to kick off until late October.  Between Fairfax, Loudoun & Prince WIlliam, there are over 300,000 students.  I am certain if an Expo were held on the VA side, it would be well attended.  Having that Expo goal in sight helps the coaches, and students, drive towards completion.  It's a remarkable experience for all involved and I want to make sure my team has the opportunity, but we aren't pressuring them too much.

Can someone provide insight?

--
Nita Payton
Navy Elementary, JrFLL Committe Co-Chair