Dear All,

As a APA Board Member I am tasked with making nominations for APA Committees.  Self-nominations are also good.  So I write to my fellow FEASTIES to consider nominating yourself or contacting me about specific committees for which you would like to be nominated.  I include below information about the nomination procedure and a list of committees.  You need to be a member of the APA in good standing.  All this is available as well on the APA website.

  • Both nominators and nominees must be APA members in good standing. Join or renew your membership.
  • Self-nominations are welcome.
  • All members in good standing, including international, student, teacher, and colleague members, are eligible for committee service. Only regular and emeritus members are eligible for board service.
  • Nominations will only be accepted through this web site. We cannot accept nominations via email, phone, or postal mail.
  • Members may nominate or be nominated as many times as they wish. However, a member will normally be appointed to at most one committee.
  • Nominations for chair and associate chair vacancies on a particular committee are also considered nominations for member vacancies on that committee. That is, if a nominee for chair or associate chair is not selected, her or his nomination will be considered for any membership vacancies on that same committee.
  • The chairs of the APA’s six standing committees serve on the APA’s board of officers. Please consider this additional responsibility when making or accepting nominations for chairs or associate chairs of standing committees. Further, because only regular and emeritus members are eligible to serve on the board of officers, associate members are not eligible to be nominated for standing committee chair positions. These positions are marked with an asterisk (*) below.
  • Leadership nominations are accepted beginning on September 15, 2015. The deadline for nominations is October 31, 2015.
  • Nominees have until November 10 to respond to nominations (accept or decline) and, if accepting, submit a CV in order for their nominations to be considered. Any nominations not accepted by this date will be considered declined. Nominations for which no CV has been submitted will be considered declined.
  • We strongly recommend nominees submit a brief (100-200 word) statement of interest when accepting a nomination. Nominators are also encouraged to include comments in support of their nominee when making a nomination.

Vacancies

The vacancies for which nominations are now being accepted are as follows:

Vacancies
Board of Officers
At-Large Member (1)
Committees
Member
Associate Chair
Academic Career Opportunities and Placement
3
1*
Asian and Asian-American Philosophers and Philosophies
2
1
Defense of Professional Rights of Philosophers
2
1
Hispanics
3