From: Carolyn Brighouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 3:02 PM
Subject: Assistance Identifying Candidated for Postdoctoral Fellowship at
Occidental College
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Professor Rivera,

I am writing to you as the Director of PIKSI Boston in the hopes that you
will be able to help us spread the word about our two year Post-Doc
position.

Specifically, I'm writing to ask your assistance identifying candidates for
a postdoctoral fellowship our department has been awarded by the College.
Please feel free to share the attached letter with colleagues and with grad
student who may be interested in applying.

The Philosophy Department at Occidental College has a two-year postdoctoral
fellowship opening, beginning August 2016. We are looking for someone
interested in working with current faculty members to develop courses that
enhance undergraduate research, especially for underrepresented and
first-generation students, and which foster collaboration with community
institutions. An interest in innovative uses of digital technology will
also be valued.

The teaching load is four courses a year on the semester system. Areas of
specialization and competence are open, but the fellow will be expected to
teach introduction to philosophy, a first year research-writing seminar,
and two of the following: philosophy of art, philosophy of race, feminism,
environmental ethics, global justice, and contemporary moral philosophy.
The fellow’s responsibilities also include mentoring undergraduate research
students, and participating in both summer and academic-year faculty
learning communities. A completed PhD is required by time of appointment.

Complete information is available at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__philjobs.org_job_show_4043&d=BQIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=5kBZBXQexlNC3AnOyIu0RFYMR-pMgNvfYnQ0vLD_AwI&s=FuB8VM_qLoZCsXgtG8i6wF2dZu0WiDf-ePos5xd0P8k&e=  and
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.oxy.edu_humanresources_working-2Doxy_faculty-2Dpositions&d=BQIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=5kBZBXQexlNC3AnOyIu0RFYMR-pMgNvfYnQ0vLD_AwI&s=SwNH9DRC4Cr7bm_6uMWMx-anyssBlG6CuyGMmOhvWd4&e= . Review of
applications is rolling, and full consideration will be given to materials
received by December 15.

Thanks,

Caro Brighouse
Chair,