Here are my 2 cents :
1) You'll be given a couple of minutes to set up your robot in the Safety, and the timer starts when the Beeper goes off, and then you can press the start button.
2) Yes , you can touch the robot as long as it's in the base/safety within the 2.5 minutes.
3) The penalty for touching is 1 black block somewhere on the table (by the refree)
4) I suggest putting the plastic bags etc .. in the base where they don't interrupt the robot run. I don't think it's an issue, if you place them in your bin, but not suggest as you may forget and lose points, or even worse, you forget and take it home, and the next team will have spend time finding it :-)
5) You have to plan the full day - 8 to 6 pm. The exact schedule will usually come out 1 or 2 days before the tournament.
1. When does the robot missions 2.5 minutes timer start? Is it after we setup the robot and jig at base and press the program run button on the brick?
2. Are we allowed to touch the robot without penalty during the 2.5 minutes if it is running but has entered completely inside safety.
3. What is the penalty for touching the robot and bring it to base if needed, during the 2.5 mins.
4. Can plastic bag and animal be removed out of table once in has been brought to safety by the robot and then placed back in the safety area when needed? This is to clear the robot's path in the safety area.
5. When will we get information regarding the Fairfax (George Mason) tournament? We need to inform parents. We have viewed the fllstartingpoint video.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
and select "Join or leave the list".
VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html