Hi Feasters,

This is kind of a last call for a roundtable on Decolonizing Education for the National Women’s Studies Association conference in Montréal Nov 10-13 because I would love another couple of people to add to the mix. (I had initially planned this proposal as a roundtable session focusing on work going on on my campus but am broadening the scope).

We currently have a program development perspective, a faculty development perspective in terms of working with Dreamers and supporting the development of a more equitable classroom, as well as one who will address university policies and undocumented students. If you are working with Dreamers or have thoughts/experiences to share in a discussion about how we might work to decolonize higher ed, I invite brief descriptions of the topics you’d be interested in discussing and the basis—experiential/research—upon which you plan to present.

 http://www.nwsa.org/Files/2016/2016.NWSA.CFP.pdf

Cheers,

Julia Balén, PhD
Professor, English and Freedom & Justice Studies
Project ALAS Consultant