Hello Everyone,

A hearty thanks goes to Lisa Rivera for so ably leading FEAST over the past three years and for all the time and effort she devoted to arranging last Fall’s dynamic FEAST conference!

Please mark your calendars for our next FEAST conference to be held October 5-8, 2017 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater, Florida.  Margaret McLaren and Celia Bardwell-Jones have agreed to serve as the Program Chairs for this conference.  Thank you Margaret and Celia!

I have now begun my term as Chair of FEAST’s Steering Committee, and I look forward to contributing as best I can to FEAST’s flourishing.  I encourage each of you to consider nominating yourselves or others to the positions listed below so that we continue to have a strong and vibrant Steering Committee.  We need you!  We currently have unfilled positions This is the second call for nominations, since we did not receive enough acceptances of nominations on the last round.  We will hold an election as soon as we have a full ballot.  Our extended deadline for nominations is March 15, 2016.

Please send your nominations to our elections chair Nathifa Greene [log in to unmask]

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

The FEAST Steering Committee solicits nominations for five positions on the Steering Committee, the governing body of the organization. For a complete list of Steering Committee positions see http://www.afeast.org/steering/

(a) Member at Large:  Voting member on Steering Committee. Direct participant in FEAST planning for conference and other decision making (3 year term ending 12/31/18)

(b) Treasurer:  Creates budgets, handles funds, distributes funds (3 year term ending 12/31/18, must live in US for fiscal reasons)

(c) Chair Elect:  Will serve as Chair Elect until 12/31/18.  Will become FEAST Chair on 1/1/19 and remain as Chair until 12/31/21 and will be Chair during FEAST conference 2019.

(d) Graduate Student Representative:  The Graduate Student Representative is expected to provide the organization with the graduate student perspective and is a full voting member of the steering committee. Recently, FEAST has been trying to restart the graduate student-faculty mentoring program. Once this program is installed, the graduate student representative will be responsible for managing the program and matching graduate students (who are looking for mentors on specific issues) and faculty (who are willing to serve as mentors).  (3 year term beginning ending 12/31/18)

(e) Diversity Chair:  Chairs the Diversity Committee (3 year term ending 12/31/18)

Self-nominations are welcome, and all nominations should include a brief biography of 150 words or less, plus a short narrative of 150 words or less describing the candidate’s interest in and hopes for FEAST.  Excessively long statements will be cut off, so please keep to the word limitation. Candidates must be current members of FEAST by the time the ballot is posted.  (To join FEAST, please go to the website: http://www.afeast.org/)

Deadline for nominations is March 15, 2016.  Please send all nominations to Nathifa Greene, Chair of the Nomination and Election Committee, [log in to unmask]

Voting for these positions will be limited to FEAST members.

Thanks to each of you for helping to make FEAST such a great organization!

All my best,

Peggy

Peggy DesAutels
Chair, Association for Feminist Ethics and Social Theory (FEAST) Steering Committee
Director of American Philosophical Association (APA) Committee on the Status of Women (CSW) Site Visit Program
Professor
Department of Philosophy
University of Dayton
http://www.peggydesautels.com