Got a call this morning and spoke to Doug from rehab center in weyers cave. I want to bring this pakistani person and his family to the picnic to introduce him to the community and meanwhile try to find 2 people to assist him and the rehab center. Its a paid job if you know anyone interested.Shaheryar Malik
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
-------- Original message --------From: "Desper, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>Date: 4/28/16 10:52 AM (GMT-04:00)Subject: Therapy for Pakistani Resident
Good Morning Again!
Thank-you so much for your conversation today. I am so glad to find a supportive Pakistani community for our incoming resident, who we will refer to as “Mr. B”.
As we discussed, we are a supported living/therapy center for adults who have sustained a traumatic brain injury. We are part of The Mentor Network nationwide.
Our website is:
Mr. B was shot in the head while being robbed. This has left him mostly blind and deaf in one ear. He has PTSD and depression related to the attack. His goals while here are:
· be supported 24/7 with staff assistance (including medications, meals, transportation, etc.)
· receive therapies: OT, PT, SP, counseling, family counseling, recreational opportunities, exercise, swimming, etc.
· work towards eventual home reunification with his wife and young children.
This treatment stay will last for several months, with an option for longer as necessary.
· 2 people who are compassionate who are fluent in English/Urdu. These persons would be employed and paid as “contractors” (independent workers) who coordinate a weekly schedule with me to assist “Mr. B” in companionship and interpretation. The need to identify these two people is immediate with anticipated start within 7-10 days. No medical or special training is required. We will provide all necessary orientation.
· An awareness session with our current residents and staff on Pakistani/Islamic life. This would be a general informal conversation with an audience of both trained staff and persons who are disabled.
Anyone interested should contact me as soon as possible at 540-649-1874.
Thanks so much for the good connection!
Douglas A. Desper, BS, CBIS | Program Manager
NeuroRestorative Virginia at Breezy Hill
3913 Lee Highway - P.O. Box 150
Weyers Cave, Virginia 24486
P 540-234-9262 | C 540-649-1874 | F 540-234-9264
To unsubscribe from the PACS-L list: write to: mailto:[log in to unmask] or click the following link: http://listserv.jmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=PACS-L&A=1