Hi Everyone,

I would like to encourage both junior and senior colleagues to submit papers for our fall 2016 International Merleau-Ponty Circle conference which will be taking place Sept. 22-24, 2016 at Brock University in Ontario, Canada.  The theme for this year's conference is: "Merleau-Ponty: Doing Philosophy From the Outside" and the 3,000 word paper deadline is June 1st.  The call for papers can be accessed through this link:

https://brocku.ca/humanities/departments-and-centres/philosophy/events

The Intl. MP Circle is very open to non-mainstream as well as mainstream interpretations of Merleau-Ponty including feminist, critical race, queer, disability, and interdisciplinary studies approaches. It is one of the friendliest and most supportive places I know.  Please consider coming this year whether or not you submit a paper.

Brock University is on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.  It is a short drive from the Buffalo, NY airport and just over an hour from the Toronto Airport.  It is a lovely venue with good US and Canadian transportation options.  Our end of conference banquet will most likely be at a local winery which should be an enticement in itself!

Below is a link to the Merleau-Ponty Circle website for more information about the Circle and this fall's conference:

http://web.uri.edu/impc/

All the best,

Gail

Gail Weiss
General Secretary of the International Merleau-Ponty Circle
Professor of Philosophy
The George Washington University
801 22nd St. NW Suite 560
Washington, D.C. 20052