To FLL Jr teams in Virginia/DC:

I'd like to let you know that there are 2 more FIRST LEGO League JR EXPOs in the Washington DC Metro area (VA, DC, MD) that are available for your FLL Jr team to attend before the end of the 2015-2016 school year.  Both of these available FLL Jr EXPOS are in Maryland.  To register for any of these FLL Jr EXPOs, go to: http://www.mdfirst.org/programs/junior-first-lego-league/jrfll-expos

1)

May 21, 2016

St. Mary's Catholic School

600 Viers Mill Road

Rockville, MD  20852

2)

June 1, 2016

USRA STEMaction Center

7178 Columbia Gateway Drive

Columbia, MD 21046

Our Virginia-DC FLL JR Regional Partner will start planning for the 2016-2017 Creature Craze Challenge FLL JR EXPOs 2016-2017 during the upcoming summer months.   Stay tuned for more information about VA-DC FLL/FLL Jr Region's plans for the 2016-2017 FLL Jr Program.

A reminder...FIRST LEGO League JR EXPOs are not competitive.  FLL Jr teams can attend any of the EXPOs in any location.  This program's goal is to inspire young students (ages 6 to 9) to participate in a STEM program.  If your FLL JR team is aging out of the program, we're inviting you to progress to the next FIRST program level -- FIRST LEGO League.   Registration for FIRST LEGO League's 2016-2017 Animal Allies season will start tomorrow -- Tuesday, May 10.    There will be many FLL and FLL JR Info sessions from June to August.  More information about these informational sessions will be posted on the VA-DC FLL listserv and on the VA-DC FLL website (http://va-dcfll.org/).  To join the VA-DC FLL email listserv, go to: https://listserv.jmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=VADCFLL-L.

Please let me know if you have questions or need more information about any of the FIRST programs.

Thank you.

Angie Fontanilla
Senior Mentor, Washington DC, FIRST ®

1452022822901_PastedImage

or Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology

200 Bedford Street  |  Manchester, NH 03101  |  www.firstinspires.org

Phone:  703-405-2912 |  [log in to unmask]